The MRA Taxpayer Portal is a web-enabled intuitive application accessible from PC, laptop and smart phone. It is a new and modern gateway for interaction between MRA and the taxpayer. MRA is now moving to a notch higher in providing taxpayer-centric services. The MRA Taxpayer Portal is a self–service facility for taxpayers.
The main features of the MRA Taxpayer Portal are:
- view status of refund / repayment
- view tax filing obligations
- view tax returns for recent years
- view transaction history
- file tax returns
- download or get a copy by email of the last version of tax return
- pay by Mobile Payment or Credit Card (for Individual Income Tax Only)
- edit profile
- service is available 24/7
Currently, the MRA Taxpayer Portal is accessible to the Individual Taxpayers only. This facility will be extended to other categories of taxpayers in due course. The transaction history and tax returns is available for year 2015 onwards and will be extended progressively to other years.
- The taxpayer no longer has to phone on MRA hotline nor call in at the MRA customer service counters to obtain information about returns, refunds and tax accounts.
- Information is accessible anytime anywhere.
- The taxpayer can find out tax return filing obligations and due dates.
- The taxpayer can verify recent returns submitted.
- The taxpayer can track status of the refund / repayment claims made.
How to access MRA Taxpayer Portal
- Go to MRA Website www.mra.mu
- Click the Taxpayer Portal icon
- To sign in, please insert your User ID and e-Services Password
- Click on Login
- Follow the instructions given on the home page of the MRA Taxpayer Portal in case
- you have forgotten your password
- you wish to change your password
- to retry payment via Credit Card or Mobile phones
- Filing your Income Tax Return
- Your income tax form will be pre-filled with your information actually available at the MRA.
- You have the right and duty to change, modify, delete, add and edit any or all figures.
- The responsibility to make a correct and complete return remains on the taxpayer as per law.
- Pre-filled return is a service provided by MRA only to facilitate the taxpayer.
Security and Confidentiality
- For security reasons, this system has been implemented with a timed session expiry. This time period has been set for 15 minutes. If you do not use the system for more than 15 minutes, you will receive a "Session Expired" notice and you will be prompted to log out.
- Once logged in, you should not leave this system unattended. If you expect to be away from your desk, please ensure that you save your current work.
- Since the Taxpayer Portal provides confidential information, it is the taxpayer's responsibility to safeguard his login and password and protect his confidential information in a secured manner.
Address : Ehram Court
Cnr Mgr. Gonin & Sir Virgil Naz
Port Louis, Mauritius
Tel : +230 207 6000
Fax : +230 211 8099
Hotline : +230 207 6010
Website : www.mra.mu